Tools for Renovating
When a renovating or building project is started tools are one of the most important things you can have. In fact, having the right tools will increase the speed and the quality of finish for your building or renovating project.
What are the basic tools needed while renovating and building?
- Square: a large builders and a small square.
- A tape measure.
- Building pencils.
- Level: One large (800 to 1200mm long) one small (up to 200m long).
- Sharp Hand saw.
- Hack saw.
- Screw driver set: Full set.
- Piers: long noses and standard electrical piers.
- Three different sizes of adjustable spanners.
- One pair of sawing horses.
- Battery drill/screwdriver.
- Extension cord.
- Small to medium circular saw.
- Electrical drill with a two stage gear box.
- Electric plane.
- Sliding drop saw or mitre saw.
With the above tool list most jobs around the home can be done. If you only have one small renovation to do you can hire some of the power tools. However If your project will take more than a week it would be best to buy or borrow the above power tools. Cheap tools Buying cheap tools often means frustration on the job and a lack of quality finish. The best thing to do is buy the best you can afford to get the best for your renovation. You get what you pay for and if you buy a cheap power drill with no gear box and try to mix tile glue, for example, it will burn out. However if you have only a couple of holes to drill a cheaper drill may be the best option.