Air Conditioning - Inverter Technology
Inverter Technology Air Conditioning
Do you need a normal air conditioner or an air conditioner with inverter technology? What is the difference?
Conventional Air Conditioners
Conventional air conditioners switch on and when the compressor has run enough to change the temperature it switches off. This is the way conventional air conditioners run all the time you have it switched on. The air conditioner will switch its compressor on and off all day to try to keep the temperature at the level you have set. This results in power spikes, the air conditioner switches on full and totally off to maintain the temperature.
Inverter Air Conditioners
An inverter air conditioner does not switch on and off suddenly, they a normal air conditioner. The compressor will run very slowly and then slowly come up to full power and then slow back down. Through this fairly new advanced technology the inverter air conditioner will be more economical to run and quieter than conventional units. They can reach the desired temperature quicker than conventional air conditioners and run smoother. Also inverter air conditioners can handle greater extremes in temperature.
Getting the best out your air conditioner
Saving energy and having your air conditioner run more efficiently
- Install your air conditioning unit on the shady side of the building. Making sure that the air flow is not obstructed.
- The temperature in winter when heating should be between 18-21 C. In summer the temperature should between 23-26 C remembering it will feel cooler because the humidity inside will be low.
- When a hot day is expected turn on your air conditioner early in the day as the air conditioner will operate on efficiently when the outside air is cooler.
- Make sure the air conditioners filters are kept clean for maximum air flow.
- Keep windows and doors closed when using air conditioners. Also close inside curtains and draw shade blinds on the outside of windows to stop the sun hitting the glass.